POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Bsmooth and 16-bit gray : Re: Bsmooth and 16-bit gray Server Time
18 May 2024 08:26:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bsmooth and 16-bit gray
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 19 Aug 2002 10:22:42
Message: <3d60ff32@news.povray.org>
In article <3D398003.44328224@swipnet.se> , Tom Stone <tom### [at] swipnetse>
wrote:

> It also produces 16-bit gray Photoshop-files, but I don't quite know how
> to convert them into something useful. Any ideas?

Use 16 bit PNG images.  To gte a 16 bit PNG image it might be possible to
use GraphicsConverter to convert the PGM or PSD files to PNG.  However, i am
not sure GraphicsConverter supports 16 bit per color component image output
in any format...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde